I have no idea what I’m doing.
This really hit home. If you’re following along, you’ve noticed that I just started blogging with a purpose, passion and schedule on a daily basis. Independently, I arrived pretty much at the same conclusion as Major: All technical people should blog.
Sometimes my conclusions are incorrect. Sometimes the code I post is broken. Sometimes I just plain say something stupid.
But there’s one thing that makes everything worth it, and here’s a picture to illustrate the idea:
If just one person finds what I write to be useful, then I’m doing the Right Thing (TM). Admittedly, the one person pictured above may be a robot, may have found my blog worthless or incorrect, but the point still stands:
Write because there’s value behind experience.
It’s not easy. Coming up with a new concept or idea is challenging. I don’t possess the most amazing gift for grammar or spelling. I’m not the most technically proficient developer.
But I have years of experience in this field. I have ideas. Someone, somewhere will hopefully find this information useful.
That’s all I could ever really hope for.
- GeForce GTX 660Ti, NVidia, Nouveau and Updating from CentOS 6.3 to 6.4 (2013/03/10)
- One time, at work… (2013/01/17)
- My Family Doesn’t Care About Security (2013/01/09)
- Programmer Competency Matrix – Education and Experience (2012/12/21)
- Your Code Is The Only Meaningful Project Documentation (2012/12/19)
- I’m Not Arguing With You Over Your Terms of Service (2012/12/18)
- Embracing Change (2012/12/18)
- Finding Quality Developers is No Easy Task (2012/12/14)
- From Avid Gamer to Architect (2012/12/10)
- It’s Bugs All The Way Down (2012/12/07)
- wordptr.libwpd – Expanding Configuration, Changing the Interface (2012/12/07)
- On Tightening Focus (2012/12/06)
- 20 Days With the Google Nexus 10 (2012/12/05)
- wordptr.libwpd – Hooking the Main Loop (2012/12/04)
- I Didn’t Read The Docs – MDADM and Hostname (2012/12/02)
- My Developer Toolbox (2012/12/01)
- wordptr.libwpd – Making it More Library-Like (2012/11/30)
- wordptr.libwpd – Now a Static Library (2012/11/29)
- A Linux Daemon Library – Introducing wordptr.libwpd (2012/11/28)
- CentOS, VMware Workstation, Development and Piece of Mind (2012/11/27)